Sunday, December 21, 2014

PK

Watched PK yesterday and OMG, it was a blast. I thought that it would be another of those movies that deal with psychological disorders. I was like, haven't we had enough of those already? But, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not. So, anyone that's been avoiding the movie for that reason, should watch it. It's a laugh riot. And I'm still giggling at the memories of some of the scenes. Hehe


And coming to Anushka Sharma's look! Well what can I say? She looked so fresh and so sweet that we could eat her up with a spoon.


The colours were crisp whites, pastels and light colours. Her make-up was natural. She could be a girl that we know and see everyday. Under the dewy freshness was a girl confident in her beliefs and ready to take on the world. I love the transition that she goes through in the movie while sticking to her personal style through out. Her dressing ranges from shorts to jeans, yet the casual nature of her tops and the simple layering makes up Jaggu.


In the beginning of the movie she is a chirpy, innocent student. She is girly and doesn't have a care in the world. Her youthfulness is portrayed by dressing her in soft florals and adding tiny hanging earrings that dance at the slightest movement of her head. She layers her tank tops and tees with simple knit cardigans when she wants to look serious. Her feminine girly dress is layered with a coat to add a bit of toughness to her. 


Later in the movie, when she takes on the role of a news reporter, her layers get more serious in the form of crisp cream coloured blazers and nude leather jackets. Her earrings too are longer and frame her face with their swing. She also has a touch of eyeliner for defined eyes.


But all through, the simple layering, and the colour palette remain constant. Also, what she wears at home doesn't change. And that makes absolute sense. She lounges in loose, oversized tees and shirts with comfy shorts. 



All in all, I loved her look and it was very apt for Jaggu to be wearing. I am inspired to buy those sweet, tiny hanging earrings. Although I doubt that they's do much for my face structure. Other than that the colour palette is a go, especially for the up coming Indian summer. Also watch out for her chunky watch that is feminine while looking tough at the same time.


Here is a cute video of how Jaggu's look was created. I personally loved it.


This is one movie that I really enjoyed watching and reviewing. So, I hope that you guys like the review too. And do let me know your thoughts on Jaggu! Until later, love to you all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment