Thursday, December 25, 2014

Have you found your Mr. Right yet?

Well I can say that I haven't found the Mr. Right. And there is no "The mr. Right" in this world. But, I guess I have found my Mr. Right and I am happy with him in spite of all his flaws. And I can definitely imagine the rest of my life with him. Because, I am not perfect either. And this is exactly what the movie "Main aur Mr Right" entails.


I didn't know about the movie until I watched it yesterday. It's a little gem of a movie, lost in an ocean of high- budgeted, commercial flicks. The girls' dressing in the movie really caught my eye. So, I decided to do a review.

Shenaz Treasurywala is dressed up chic and dolled up as Alia. She is portrayed as a perfectionist. She can't bear to see anything crooked or out of place. This character of hers however didn't quite come through in her clothes. Although I admit that she looked stylish, she just didn't look justified for the role.


Also, a lot of them were not very flattering to her body structure. They should've gone for a sleek look with blazers, pencil skirts and crisp shirts.  Instead we see her in frumpy dresses and tight dresses that look like they might rip when she sits. And other dresses make her look wide and shapeless.



Some of her outfits are great no doubt. I especially like this one outfit that she wears on a date with Abhay. Even the ponytail with the outfit was perfect and apt for the character. But through the rest of the movie, she has her hair left out in her usual "Shenaz" way, complete with the center parting and straight hair. I think the hairstyle is passé and she needs a makeover, at least for the sake of her movies. I was particularly vexed with her hair falling into her face through out the movie.



That's right, I did love a lot of her outfits. But, my only concern was that the outfits did not fit her on screen character.



Her friends on the other hand. Maia Sethna as Deeya is the obvious bimbo. Neha Gosain as Niyati is clearly the sweet housewife. Anagha Mane as Bani is an independent and bold girl. Their outifits were all in sync with their characters. So, it was a delight to watch.

I especially loved Shenaz's green sari with gold and silver accents. I liked the shade of green in particular and intend to give it a try.

Hope you enjoyed the review. See you later  folks. Bye <3

No comments:

Post a Comment