Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy New Year....Oops it's not new year yet.

So, I'm going to skip the celebrations and work on reviewing "Happy New Year" movie's styling.


Deepika Padukone rocked a glitzy, over the top look in this movie. Styled by Manish Malhotra, I wouldn't have expected anything less. I really loved this particular blue mirror work lehenga. The colour is just splendid. It's a nice relief from all the pinks, reds and oranges we see around. I think we will be seeing a lot of this blue trickling down our local weddings! So watch out for it.


I liked her team India outfits and her on-stage dance costumes. She looked very cute in them. Notice the fedora hat!


However, when she is not glamed up or loud, her wardrobe yo-yos from anarkali suits to dhoti pants to woven sarees. Perhaps they wanted her to be seen in an array of clothes. But, whatever may be the case, I found it very inconsistent and difficult to form a strong image of her character in my mind.



Lastly I really dig this blouse that Deepika wore in her introduction song. I can just imagine pairing it with a flowy black saree...*daydreams* Totally borrow everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment