Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Ending anyone?

Hey folks. I'm back again. This time to review "Happy Ending".


I had high hopes for the movie, but it was a bit of a drag.


I however had my eye out for Ileana's no non-sense style more than the movie, so it wasn't that hard to sit through. Her image was that of a strong minded writer who knows what she wants from life.


What I liked was that she had a very defined wardrobe. It was full of cute fit and flare dresses topped with sleek blazers and slim belted cardigans. The colours are all muted with nudes, pastels and neutrals through out. The prints too were very intricate and her style is subtle without being in your face. Nude pumps and peep toes with over-sized glasses complete the look.





It is mostly balanced by adding coloured cardigans to neutral dresses and vice-versa. That is something that I love to do myself. Because, a colourful dress with a colourful cardigan gets loud and is just not my cup of tea. Yet, most of her looks were entirely subtoned. It would have done to add a pop of colour wherever possible.

I also like her natural waves and messy hairstyles.


It was however disappointing that she was very minimally accessorized. We see a dainty chain there and some slim bangles here. I would have liked to see more delicate and interesting pieces like this one in this pic. Loved this necklace with it's deer antlers and vines. It tells a story of it's own.


All in all, her dressing could have been a tad more fun and energetic than what they let in. It failed to make an impression on the screen and she was like a faint outline in the movie's background. Every piece in her outfits was great on it's own but not rightly put together.


Kalki on the other hand did not have a very defined wardrobe or a a very big part in the movie, so much can't be said on her style. However, I just want to say that Kalki was the image of a girly girl who won't give up for anything. She's dressed in pretty, soft printed dresses, fun hairstyles and fine earrings. Her introductory scene left me wondering which dentist gets so dressed up, with a complete updo for work. But it seemed to be deliberately done for comic relief. It left me cringing rather than laughing though.


Generally speaking the movie's entire styling was rather subdued and failed to make a strong impact. I would have liked to see some powerful and colourful bags and lots of mystic jewellery in Ileana's look for this role. It would have made a lot of difference. But, what I'd love to pick from Ileana's wardrobe are her nude blazers <3 

Do let me know what you thought of the styling in this movie! I really want to know if any of you share my thoughts ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment